We had a great meeting last night with some new faces. Here are the minutes:
– We had a great turnout at the party and raised about $350. Thanks to
everyone who came and brought their friends, and making the party such a
– We will be packing on Friday at 2 pm in Stimpson G27 for the shipment to
Jamaica, which is on Monday April 30.
– Elections will be held next monday, and I will send out a revised
constitution with all the officers duties. If you would like to run for an
officer position for next year please read this and be prepared to make a
brief spiel about why you think you would be a good candidate for the
position. Everyone is encouraged to run for a position, even if you are
brand new! We just started this club this year, so we all are figuring out
the right direction for this club step by step. Experience is not a factor
in who would make a good candidate, but motivation and especially
– We will be having a fundraiser the last week of classes on Ho Plaza
selling frozen fruit bars. I will also send out a sign up sheet for next
week with the times blocked out as soon as we secure a table on Ho Plaza.
– the newsletter must be completed shortly, as our main mission is to send
it to Presiden Skorton to gain more backing from administration and
hopefully more press and money.
– We will let everyone know about more details on setting up the computers
for the Burmese refugees soon…
Thanks everyone for coming and see you on Friday for packing!