We had a great meeting last night and here are the highlights:
-We’ll be setting up a bank account at Tompkins Trust for all the
donations we will be getting.
– The newsletter is still a work in progress but it will be done by next
week and ready to send out by either email or snail mail.
– We now have a publicity committee- woohoo!- who will be handing out
quarter cards and hanging up posters. The club as a whole still needs to
promote the club in classes and bring more people to our meetings.
– There will be a Rum and Reggae party next friday to raise money for the
shipment to Miami. It will be in collegetown at 126 Linden Ave beginning
at 9PM and lasting all night. So, start telling your friends about it. It
will also be advertised on Facebook, so you can tell friends about it that
way…also Join the Facebook group.
– Our GIAC fundraiser is also a work in progress and hopefully Leslyn will
be attending our meeting next monday so we can work out the details.
– 20 computers and 20 monitors from a local business will be acquired
today, and we’ve received some computers from Day Hall.
– If anyone is free later this week, we will be going downtown to deliver
some computers to Burmese refugees. Pay attention to Al’s emails as he
will have more info on this.
– A packaging day will also probably be next weekend, and we will discuss
at next week’s meeting.
– we will be having a meeting next monday at 5:30PM in GS 162…be there
or be square.