Here’s the minutes from the last meeting. Note that the meeting time has changed to Thursdays at 5pm.
Two big shipments:
- Done through Prof. Muna Ndulo, Institute for African Development.
- Cornell is paying for shipping (we’re piggybacking on the plant science program in Africa) and this is heading to University of Liberia and and literacy program for woman.
- No packing! All we do is show up on Monday. They want CRTs and we’ll give them 40 computers to start with.
- We need a good PR coverage and have to reach out to the Ithaca Journal, Cornell Daily Sun, etc.
- Done through David. This is sustainable; David already has an NGO set up for computer labs, and has a grant lined up. Shipment is riding on a Cornell vehicle.
- They need flat screens (fewer boxes) and wants them in April.
- There’s a national project to wire the country with internet, but no computers to hook up to!
- PS If you want to see Africa, fly to Nairobi, all expenses are paid when you get there.
Other shipments on our radar:
- Prof. Ndulo again, need to send a bunch of laptops every so often.
Finger Lakes Reuse
- Opening up a retail store,
- Should give them Macs, printers, anything we can’t toss.
- They need volunteers for processing.
- Babbage’s, Computer All Stars are involved.
- Local donation.
Next LAN party:
- What about Dickson and Stimson?
- VIP lounge in G27, big screen TV
- Thursdays at 5 for meetings from now on
To Do List:
- Prepare a Wikipedia DVD for shipments
- Ship a few hundred computers this semester
- Colonize other schools
- Need motherboard and CPU for a GX280
- Nastro: update gdocs shipments to say “gave literacy center in monrovia 10 computers”
- We got an awesome free laser printer, now what do we do with it?