The Contact page has been updated with the new officers for 2009-10.
1. Signed up for club-fest, watch out for email about it at the end of summer.
Cameroon shipment, 20 confirmed, first priority
Jamaican Difference, want 20 desktops for trip in August
BOLD, picking up 4 laptops tommorow
Iraq, going out by the end of the summer, already have computers set aside
3. New requests:
Fante Professionals, need 30 PC’s, will try to fulfill by the end of summer
Youth Sailing program, can provide 2PC’s
Indian Writing Program, can provide 1 PC
4. Total donations: about 73 by the end of summer
1. Earth day is tomorrow and we have a table- 10 am to 2 pm on Ho Plaza or Willard Straight (if it rains)
set up begins 9:30
Kevin 9:30 -10:45
Jeremy 11 -12
Ben and Nastro 12 – 1:10
Henry 1:20- 2:30
2. Advertise CCRA on the Class of 2013 website in order to recruit new freshmen.
3. SOAR (we nominated Al as an outstanding advisor) awards are tomorrow at 5 pm at Willard Straight in the theater (basement)- we will find out if Al won.
4. New shipments
BOLD Business Opportunities Leadership Development – voted and agree to send 4 laptops to them. They will be sending computers to a primary school in Western Kenya that serves 610 elementary school children and it sounds like they are funding their own shipping.
Jamaica Difference- they have tech support and they can pay for shipping, so it’s a go!
5. 2009-2010 new officers
President: Chris Moe (fall), Kevin Tse (spring)
Organizational Chair: Henry Huang and Jeremy Fein
Treasurer: Elizabeth Lee
Publicity Chair: Andrew Nastro
Secretary: Joel Sun
6. Last meeting of the semester is next Tuesday- figure out shipments for BOLD and Jamaica Difference
7. Who will be around this summer? Asad, Matt, Kelly, Dave
Enjoy the nice weather everyone!
New donations to discuss:
Diocese of Damongo- needs laptops, which we are not able to supply right now. Will ask them to see if they have funds for shipping
Jamaica difference- need about 20 desktops to donate to Allen Shaw foundation. Need to inquire about shipping costs and technical support in location where the computers would go.
Request to donate:
-Michael Hood from Bethesda, MD. wants to donate a computer. Need to figure out how it’s going to get here.
-Charity House Party: April 25th. More info. to come
-Decided to add a new question on application regarding availability of requester’s shipping funds.
Elections in two weeks:
-Positions open: President, Treasurer, Secretary, Director of Publicity, Organizational chairs (2), Grants coordinator, Webmaster
-Send an email to the listserv if you are interested in running for any positions.